Tuesday, November 1st, 2011
Please feel free to contact us if there are any areas we haven’t covered below…
What, exactly, is Career Management?
Career management is for individuals who are looking to take ownership of their career. Those who go down the route of Career Management typically find work or their new career opportunity up to twice as fast as those who have no such guidance. Our professional team of expert consultants will work with you to gain:
- A clear sense of the skills and experience that you have to offer.
- A focus on your options and vision for the future – short, medium and long term.
- An accurate assessment of the employment opportunities in your chosen markets.
- The support of a team which works with you to enhance a range of self-marketing skills: improving your interview technique, CV, application forms and covering letters.
- Help with approaching head-hunters / search companies, agencies, developing existing contacts and adding new connections.
- Important research, e.g. - to help prepare for interviews, salary negotiations etc.
- Throughout the duration of your career we will provide an ongoing support network through a designated member of the TCMO team.
How do I Arrange a Free Career Consultation Online?
Call our Client Development Co-ordinator on 0131 201 0182 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
What do the initial meetings with TCMO involve?
One of our Career Consultants will give you a free Career Assessment identifying your future objectives and discussing your career history to date. The meeting will be relaxed, informal, allowing you to find out about our career services. From there you will be invited to complete our Career Choices Evaluation which will then enable us to present you with a proposal on what TCMO services would be most relevant and effective for you?
Are the initial consultations really free?
Yes, it really is a free consultation meeting. The only cost is your time to come and speak with us.
Naturally we provide a professional service and you will decide if our short, medium or long term career service will add value to your career. Our fees vary to suit all budgets and all career levels.
How long will the meeting last?
Approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour.
What do I need to bring to the meeting / assessment?
If you have an updated copy of your CV please feel free to bring this along to the meeting.
I received your letter, what is the Life Time Guarantee?
An investment from start to finish of your career, backed up with ongoing support from the TCMO team – Essentially an insurance policy for the rest of your Career.
Can I get any testimonials or recommendations?
You will also be invited to talk directly to existing clients to get an overview of how we have matched their expectations.
Why choose TCMO?
The Directors and managers at TCMO have over 75-years’ experience in the career management/outplacement/recruitments sectors.
Rob Moore has held Senior Management roles within the Recruitment & Retention, Careers, FMCG and Hospitality industries for over 15 years.
With over 30 years’ experience Raymond Currie has worked extensively throughout the UK with Blue Chip companies at senior management level in Sales, Business Development, Personnel & Training and in particular, Career Management.
Sandy Cullen has 15 years+ experience in outplacement and career management consultancy. He also has expertise in financial recruitment, international law firms and investment banks throughout the UK and overseas, as well as over 20 years in business, including senior management at board level.
Paul Wilson has been involved in the Recruitment, Training & FMCG industries for over 30 years.
All our Career Managers are employed to deliver our bespoke services and have proven experience as Career Transition Consultants (CTC’s). They all have flexible coaching skills that enable them to provide results driven 1-to-1 guidance. In addition many have specialist skills including NLP, Myers Briggs, and other Psychometrics, new business start ups and HR / Employment law.
I have been made redundant, how can TCMO help?
Being made redundant can be one of the most stressful and difficult periods of your life. TCMO offer a personal, caring and supportive framework in which to help you through this period of career transition.
However, we prefer to focus on the positive aspect, which could open up new opportunities that you might not have even considered, utilising your assets, marketable and transferable skills. With our tailor made professional services detailed in our Career Management proposal we will strive for you to achieve your ultimate Career objectives.
What is the TCMO Client Charter?
Your TCMO Career Manager
- We will appoint one of our highly trained Career Managers / Outplacement Consultants with the sole aim of helping you reach your career goal.
- Your Career Manager / Outplacement Consultant will provide you with coaching support and will share their expertise and advice across all areas planned within your Career Management or Outplacement Programme.
TCMO Client Services
- Our Client Services Co-ordinator will provide: ongoing, proactive job search support, Recruiter and HR decision maker research, focused job-board advice and online and offline networking opportunities.
- We will be clear, open and timely in providing you with research to help you accelerate your job search and open up potential new avenues.
- Your Project Manager will take a ‘helicopter view’ of your Career Management / Outplacement journey and ensure that you are maximising your opportunities and activities with the support of the team.
- Your Project manager will also communicate with you during key milestones of the process and provide specific expertise and advice as and when required.
Matching Your Expectations
- At all times we will clearly communicate the TCMO journey and the recommend routes you should follow to achieve your goals. These may be in the form of action plans, levels of activity for you to complete and research information we require to boost your activity. Regular recorded reviews of progress will need your input weekly.
- Career Management requires you to play a very proactive role as a client and we’ll be here to encourage and support you and provide expert advice.
Career Lifetime Guarantees
- to deliver this full programme within agreed timescales and objectives.
- to support your career plan until your objective is met and provide on-going advice as your career develops.
- to provide an annual career review meeting for the duration of your working life.
- to make no additional charges for the above services.
What are the 10 essential tips to avoid career frustration?